Not only did God uniquely design the man and the woman, scientific studies have revealed why they function differently. Each has a left brain/ right brain and each functions differently. The verbal, sorting, detail-oriented side of the brain is the left. The spatial, intuitive, non-verbal side of the brain is the right.
- Women hang out more in their left brains, whereas men hang out more in their right brains.
- A woman speaks about 7,000 words per day while a man speaks about 2,000.
- A man’s brain is about 10% larger than that of a woman. This says more about physical size than intelligence.
- Women have four times as many brain cells (neurons) connecting the right and left sides of their brains.
- Since women’s voices have many more frequencies than men’s, his brain must work harder to analyze sound frequencies and comprehend the meaning intended.
- A man senses a situation and takes action intuitively (though his responses may be very restricted). He reacts knowing it is the right thing to do.
- A woman may have long debates in her head before making a decision or taking action.
Men and women should become aware of their unique identities, accept their differences, and live their lives fully and as skillfully as possible. It’s a beautiful thing to be different; it means God created each gender—male and female—to complement one another. Unity in diversity is God’s design and is absolutely essential in a healthy marriage relationship.
The word “man” in Hebrew comes from a root word meaning “exercising power.” The word “woman” in Hebrew comes from a root word meaning “to be soft.” God planned and designed the human heart for love, marriage, companionship, home, and children.
He created the woman to fulfill man’s potential. Woman is glorified in the fact that no man is complete without a woman. Without a woman, a man cannot be in love. Without a wife, a man cannot be a husband. Without a queen, a man cannot be a king.
Marriage is an adventure to journey together. You have been given different roles, different traits, different tasks, different makeups to make your marriage better. Don’t use those differences to detract from your marriage, use them to enhance your marriage!
Genesis 2:7, 21-22 (AMP)
7 Then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath or spirit of life, and man became a living being.
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam; and while he slept, He took one of his ribs or a part of his side and closed up the [place with] flesh. 22 And the rib or part of his side which the Lord God had taken from the man He built up and made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.